Fiancé Visas – I-129f

U.S. Citizens who are in a romantic relationship with someone overseas and engaged to be married have the ability to file a K1 Visa on behalf of their soon to be spouse. Some of the requirements to be eligible for this visa are:

  • You are engaged to be married.
  • You have physically met with your fiancé within the past two years.
  • Upon arrival into the U.S. you and your fiancé legally marry within 90 days.

If your fiancé has a minor child (under 21 and unmarried), they also will be eligible to enter the U.S. on a K2 Visa. Once you are married within 90 days, your fiancé (and child) will be eligible to apply for Adjustment of Status. This is the application for Lawful Permanent Resident status which allows your spouse and child to remain in the U.S. while the application for green card is pending.

The K1 Visa process appears fairly straight forward, however, there are many pieces of documentary evidence which must be submitted at the time of application including, for example: certified copies of any prior divorces, photographs of you and your fiancé together, affidavits from friends or family attesting to the validity of the relationship, proof of income and employment – to name a few.

Speak with a Pasco County Family Immigration Attorney

Our experienced immigration attorney helps clients put together a comprehensive packet for the government that maximizes the chances of having the application approved. Pawuk & Pawuk serves clients in Pasco County, Florida and throughout the surrounding communities. Contact us to request a consultation about your immigration matter.

Meet Our Attorneys

Daniel N. Pawuk's Profile Image
Former State Prosecutor — Tampa & Clearwater, FL 15+ Years Experience
Dan is a hands-on advocate who will keep you informed about your case and educated about your options. Despite the number of cases he has handled, no case is ever a number to Dan. Read More

Recent Blog Posts

Once upon a time, back in the olden days…When ordering a PBR at the bar wasn’t a novelty. When cars started with keys, not buttons. Back in those days, it seems we’d hear stories of a buddy who got too drunk to drive and did the right thing by… Read More

Read More From Our Blog

Contact us today at (727) 372-3111