Fiance Visa

Fiance Visa One of the roads to gaining lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. is through a Fiance Visa. This process begins while your fiance is living in his or her home country and you file an I-129F petition on his or her behalf. If the pet… Read More
Read More

Permanent Resident Status

Permanent Resident Status A common way to obtain Lawful Permanent Resident Status (Green Card) is through a family member. Although there are many family members who can file a petition of support, the fastest way to obtain Lawful Permanent Resident… Read More
Read More

Update Your Address for Immigration

Update Your Address for Immigration It may come as a surprise to many Lawful Permanent Residents that you must update your address for immigration records within ten days of moving! The form used is called the AR-11 and requires no fee. Some clients… Read More
Read More

Spousal Privilege - Will I have to testify?

Spousal Privilege Does the Spousal Privilege apply in the case of the Orlando Pulse shooter? Can the police get the wife’s testimony of what she knew of the shooting? Maybe. It depends on whether or not those communications she made with her h… Read More
Read More

DUI Blood Test

DUI Blood Tests The U.S. Supreme Court  decided last week that making it a crime to refuse a DUI Blood Test is unconstitutional. Does that they can’t give you a DUI blood test? No. They can, but they have to get a warrant. And the states can&… Read More
Read More

Can I be convicted of Driving While License Suspended when I never had a Florida Driver's License?

I Never Had a Florida Driver’s License – Driving While License Suspended or Revoked   DWLSR, or Driving While License Suspended or Revoked, is a common crime. We handle so many of these cases every year, that we’re on a first n… Read More
Read More

Bad Stop - Shouldn't the evidence be thrown out?

Bad Stop Is it possible for police to make a bad stop of a person, but find out later that there is an outstanding arrest warrant, to have the evidence thrown out in court? Maybe. The police have long been allowed to stop a person if they have reason… Read More
Read More

Tampa crackdown on Boating Under Influence

  Boating Under Influence BUI, or Boating Under Influence, is a misdemeanor crime in Florida. This weekend, June 24-26, 2016, Florida Fish and Wildlife officers will be cracking down on drunk boating throughout the state. Keep in mind that on a… Read More
Read More
Categories: DUI

Willful Violation of Probation - What if I Didn't know I was Violating?

What is a Willful Violation of Probation?   A Violation of Probation must be both “willful” and “substantial”. That means that you had to: Know and understand all of the rules of probation. Purposely break those rules. K… Read More
Read More
Categories: Probation

Permanent Driver's License Suspension

Permanent Driver’s License Suspension If you have been convicted of DUI in the State of Florida four or more times, you received a permanent driver’s license suspension. Does this mean it is actually permanent? Maybe not. The reason why i… Read More
Read More

Meet Our Attorneys

Stephanie T. Pawuk's Profile Image
Former State Prosecutor — Clearwater, FL 15+ Years Experience
Stephanie's clients come from all walks of life and are usually the type of people who would never be considered “criminals.” Her main goal is not to let one mistake ruin the rest of their lives. Read More
Daniel N. Pawuk's Profile Image
Former State Prosecutor — Tampa & Clearwater, FL 15+ Years Experience
Dan is a hands-on advocate who will keep you informed about your case and educated about your options. Despite the number of cases he has handled, no case is ever a number to Dan. Read More

Recent Blog Posts

Can you recuse a Judge for Facebook “friends”? Some Florida courts say that you can. Some say you can’t. Like all things legal – it depends on the facts. Thinking about your own Facebook account, how many “friends”… Read More

Read More From Our Blog

Contact us today at (727) 372-3111